What to Put in a Texas Parole Support Letter
The following is an excerpt from our e-book, How to Prepare a Texas Parole Presentation Package, available for instant download at www.RebellionBooks.com. There is also a combo available which includes both the eBook and a printed copy that can be shipped to an offender in prison.
Parole Support Letters allow the offender a chance to stand out from the other applicants for parole thus increasing their chances at being granted a Texas parole. This, along with other suggestions in the book, will allow the greatest opportunity for parole.
Parole Support Letters
Offenders in the Texas prison system are encouraged by the Board of Pardons and Parole to provide evidence that they will have a support structure in place while they are on parole.
What is a Support Letter?
A support Letter is evidence that the offender will have a net work of family and friends to provide support, financial, emotional or otherwise, when the offender is released.
Support letters show:
- People care for the offender
- The offender has had free world input while improved
- Someone is available to provide help when the offender is released.
- The offender’s good side, which counter balances against the had things contained in the parole file.
Who should write support letters?
- The offender (discussed elsewhere in this book)
- Family members, close friends, and loved ones.
- Prominent members of the community. This might include religious leaders, civic club on church members, business associates, etc.
- Members of TDC who have known and interacted with offender while they were in prison. For example, a work supervisor, chaplain, teacher, etc
If none of these are available Support Letters can be obtained from people who know family members and other in the offender’s support network, outlining how their support will be available to the offender.
Burden of Proof in Parole Revocation Hearings
Once someone has made parole and left prison to continue their life they are obligated to follow the “terms and conditions” to which they agreed and signed in their paperwork.
2022 Version of How to Prepare a Texas Parole Packet is Now Available
The 2022 version of How to Prepare a Texas Parole Packet is now available.
Comments are Closed