We are exploring the possibility of offering a short, online seminar (known as a webinar) to interested persons. It will be aimed at those who have purchased our book How to Prepare a Texas Parole Packet although a purchase isn't going to be required to attend the webinar.
In the webinar we will cover the basics of the parole system in Texas as well as the purpose of a parole packet, the advantages and disadvantages of hiring a Texas parole lawyer, and why preparing a parole packet is important.
The webinar will be free for all attendees.
If you are interested, please feel free to drop us a line at this email and we will start making a list and will advise you as to the schedule. Also, if there is something special you want covered, let us know in the email and we will try to add it to the list.
We've received a few questions asking about the different conditions that can be placed on a person when they are released on parole. Keep in mind that each case is different and there can be other, case specific conditions than the ones listed below.
Below is a list of the standard conditions of parole. We cannot answer specifically what conditions apply to a parolee because each case is different. However, the list should provide a general idea of the typical parole conditions:
- Report regularly to parole officer;
- Obtain permission in advance for any travel out of a county;
- Submit to random searches of their homes, cars and persons (including blood, urine and saliva testing, for disease, drugs or other contraband);
- Obey all laws;
- Refrain from using, buying or selling alcohol or illegal drugs;
- Avoid certain people, such as victims, witnesses, gang members or persons with criminal records;
- Pay money for court-ordered restitution; and
- Attend classes or counseling sessions, such as court-ordered drug or alcohol treatment classes or anger management classes.
Additional pre-determined conditions which can may be applied to a parolee:
- Condition E – Mandatory participation in Education or Vocation programs
- Condition I – To inform any potential employer of offender's criminal history if the offender will be employed in a position of financial responsibility.
- Condition Z – Parolee is not to enter a specified county
- Condition C – Parolee cannot conduct certain financial transactions due to a conviction for theft or fraud or who have a propensity for theft or fraudulent criminal behavior.
- Condition P – Parolee is to participate in psychological or psychiatric evaluation or a mental health treatment program.
- Condition M -Parolee must obide by the laws for Sex Offender Registration and DNA Submission.
- Condition R – Parolee must pay restitution
- Condition S- Parole must abide by laws of substance abuse treatment and testing
- Condition T- Parolee is on electronic monitoring
- Condition V- Parolee must avoid and have no contact with the victim
- Condition X- Parolee is required to register as a sex offender, enroll in a sex offender treatment and obey all other requirements for sex offenders. (Note that this condition was severely restricted by the courts recently,)
- Condition N- Parolee is prohibited from using the internet (usually applied to certain sex offenders but can also be applied in other circumstances such as internet fraud)
Are you confused on how to create a parole packet for a loved one and don't know where to start?
Why not let us help?
Our book How To Prepare a Texas Parole Packet takes you step-by-step through the process of preparing a parole packet.
For forms, instructions, and tips to help you we hope you will consider our book, How to Prepare a Texas Parole Packet, available as an ebook, or as a bundle consisting of an ebook and a printed copy. The printed copy can be mailed to you or can be sent to the person who is incarcerated. By sending a printed copy to them they can assist in the preparation of their packet and, in addition, it helps them to pass the time while they are away from home. We also have the printed copy available by itself through Amazon.com at this link. The advantage to buying through this website rather than Amazon is Amazon does not include the ebook edition. The ebook format allows you to cut and paste the forms directly to the word processor saving you both time and effort.
In addition to the book on preparing the parole packet, we also offer a free e-book available for instant download, Understanding the Texas Parole Process, which explains how the system works in Texas. This book does not provide information on how to prepare the parole packet but it does provide some tips on things the person can do while incarcerated which will help them make parole when the time comes. We offer this book as a service to the families and because most of the material out there is either wrong, outdated, or hard to understand.